Table of Contents
UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2019 – 2020 UP PCS Pre Mains Exam Pattern. Uttar Pradesh public service commission is organising the Recruitment Examination of PCS for 309 Posts. The dates for applying for the recruitment were 16/10/2019 to 13/11/2019.
You can check more details about the recruitment form and examination from this article on UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2019 – 2020 UP PCS Pre Mains Exam Pattern.
Recruitment details for UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2019 – 2020 UP PCS Pre Mains Exam Pattern
Recruiting body: UPPSC (Uttar Pradesh public service commission)
Post: Upper Subordinate Services Examination 2019
No. Of posts: 309 posts
The candidates will be shortlisted for the recruitment on the basis of following levels if examination and tests-
- Preliminary Examination or ore mains exam which will be Objective Type & Multiple choice
- Main Examination which will be Written examination
- Viva Personality Test)
It is mandatory to qualify in the later examination to sit in the preceding examination or test.
Full details about the examination, hall ticket will be provided by official authority soon. As sources say, the timings for pre mains exam will be 9.30 to 11.30 A.M for paper I and paper II from 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
For main examination, the timing are supposed to be paper I from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm & paper 2 from 2 pm to 5 pm.
The exact dates for the PCS Pre exam conducting by UPPSC is yet to be announced.
PCS Pre exam pattern
The examination pattern for ore examination would be as follows-
- The examination will be a written exam and a multiple choice objective type.
- The Preliminary examination will consist of two compulsory papers.
- The papers would be of 200 marks each and 2 hours will be provided to solve them.
- Both the papers shall be objective Type & multiple choice in which there shall be 150-100 questions Respectively.
Pre-exam will be qualifying in nature meaning all those who will score at least 33% marks will be allowed to sit in Mains exam.
PCS Mains examination pattern
Once a candidate qualifies pre mains exam, mains examination would be taken. The pattern of mains examination we supposed to be like this:
- The subjects would be General Hindi, Essay and General Studies I, II, III, IV
- Paper will be written examination and or three hours time will be given for solving.
- For optional Question papers 03:00 hours time is allowed.
- maximum marks for optional question paper has is 200 and 3 hours time will be given.
Candidate can choose any one of the following optional subjects for examination-
- Physics & Veterinary Science
- Sociology International Relations
- Animal Husbandry
- Political Science
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- English Lit
- Urdu Lit
- Hindi Lit
- Sanskrit Lit
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Public Administration
- Medical Science
PCS Pre Exam Syllabus 2019
The syllabus of pre-examination is as follows:
General Studies-I, Time allowede: 2 hours
India and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World: In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected, Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
History of India & Indian National Movement:- broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian History. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanisation.
General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization, General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
General Science:- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Current events of national and international Importance:- On Current Events of National and International Importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
PAPER-II General Studies-II, Time allowed:
The syllabus for PAPER-II General Studies-II is as follows: 2 Hours
(i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integrs and their interrelationship.
(iii) Ratio and proportion
(v) Profit and Loss
(vi) Simple and Compound interests
(vii) Work and Time.
(viii) Speed, Time and Distance
(i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
(ii) Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
(i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area.
(ii) Volume and surface area of the sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
(4) Statistics:- Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
(2) Active Voice and Passive Voice.
(3) Parts of Speech.
(4) Transformation of Sentences.
(5) Direct and Indirect Speech.
(6) Punctuation and Spellings.
(7) Words Meanings.
(8) Vocabulary & usage.
(9) Idioms and Phrases.
(10) Fill in the Blanks.
(1) हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
(2) शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
(4) संधि, समास,
(6) अनेकार्थी शब्द,
(7) विलोम शब्द,
(8) पर्यायवाची शब्द,
(9) मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
(10) तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
(13) हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
(14) उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ
UPPSC PCS mains Exam Syllabus
For Mains examination syllabus and other details visit: This Page
An interview will also be held as a level in the selection process. The interview will be of 100 marks. There is no set syllabus or pattern for interview. Candidate’s general intelligence, aptitude and skills will be tested in the interview.
Admit Card Download UPPSC PCS Admit Card: Availiable soon
Official Website: http://uppsc.up.nic.in/
Thanks for reading and hope the information provided was useful. If you any doubts regarding UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2019 – 2020 UP PCS Pre Mains Exam Pattern, you can comment down.